APAC Predator League is back, gives back to Filipino fans
The 2020/2021 Asia Pacific Predator League for DotA2 and PUBG PC is finally here. The 400,000 USD league will run the Grand Finals from April 6 to 11 live on the Acer Predator Facebook and Twitch Channels.
Nearly 5000 teams across 17 regions competed from 2020 to 2021 just for the chance to fight for the coveted APAC Predator League Shield.
Originally mounted as a live event for February 2020, the league has since gone through format and schedule changes to keep the integrity and safety of the competition.
Teams have been divided into their respective regions of play: APAC and Asia. Each region will be their own tournament with their own prize pool. The schedule of each leg is as follows:
DotA2 (Double Eliminations B01)
· April 6 (12 PM-5 PM)
· April 7 (6 PM-8 PM)
· April 8 (12 PM-2 PM) Upper Bracket Semis
· April 9 (6 PM-8 PM) Lower Bracket Semis and Upper Bracket Finals
· April 11 (6 PM-10 PM) Lower Bracket Finals and Grand Finals (B03)
· April 8 (3 PM-5 PM)
· April 9 (7 PM) Upper Bracket
· April 10 (12 PM-4 PM) Lower Bracket and Grand Finals (B03)
PUBG PC (12 Rounds)
· April 8 (6 PM) Rounds 1-4
· April 9 (12 PM) Rounds 5-8
· April 11 (12 PM) Rounds 9-12
· April 6 (6 PM) Rounds 1-4
· April 7 (12 PM) Rounds 5-8
· April 10 (5 PM) Rounds 9-12
The organizers note that the schedule may change in the middle of the tournament.
Catch our Philippine bets for the APAC Region dates. DotA2 representatives include TNC, Neon Esports and Reckoning Esports. PUBG PC has ArkAngel, TroubleMaku and Gamers Lounge. Visit the Predator League website for the full list of competing teams.
Predator has been the number one gaming laptop brand since 2019. Alongside the APAC Predator League, they want to give back to the fans. From March 24 to April 18, we can enjoy up to a PHP 40,000 discount on select Predator laptops and monitors.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.