Irelia, Malphite, and Zilean feature in new Legends of Runeterra expansion Guardians of the Ancient
Get ready to choose your fate in Legends of Runeterra’s newest expansion, Guardians of the Ancient! This expansion introduces a new keyword – Blade Dance – which can turn the tide of battle in your favor at any time, even without an attack token. Guardians of the Ancient adds 42 collectible cards, including three new champions – Zilean, Malphite, and Irelia.
Get it all when Guardians of the Ancient arrives in patch 2.7.0, which will be playable at approximately 11AM PT, May 5.
42 new collectible cards have been introduced in Guardians of the Ancient. Head to one of the galleries below to check out the full list and prepare new decks to challenge fate itself!
New Keyword – Blade Dance
Irelia, The Blade Dancer herself has graced the battlegrounds of Legends of Runeterra, and with her comes a new keyword – Blade Dance. Cards with Blade Dance summon a number of Blades, which immediately begin a Free Attack against your opponent. Blade Dance attacks can take place with or without an Attack Token, and doesn’t consume the Attack Token when it happens. A single Blade may not look like much on its own, but you shouldn’t underestimate the combo potential of such a versatile tool.
Three New Champions
- Don’t like your fate? Zilean helps you pick another. After leveling up, Zilean rewinds the clock each turn and fills your hand with cards that you played the previous turn!
- Immovable object and unstoppable force, all in one. Malphite may look slow, but after leveling up, he can Stun all enemies on the field in one fell swoop, then take down the enemy Nexus at his own pace.
- Irelia swiftly dances across the battlefield, creating countless blades that elegantly whittle down any enemy in her path. Once Irelia levels up, she creates Bladesurges, which allows her to swap with any ally in an instant. Good luck keeping up!
Region Road Updates
Shurima (along with Targon and Ionia) just got a little more vast.
- Shurima, Targon, and Ionia’s Region Roads have been extended by 4 levels each to coincide with the release of their new champions.
New Cosmetic Items
- Alter the flow of time with a new board featuring new visual effects and music – The Time Temple
- Emotes featuring Irelia and Zilean
- Legends of Runeterra’s latest rockstar, Chip, marches in as a new Guardian
This article is an official press release from Riot Games. In-game photos have been taken from the Legends of Runeterra Media Capture Event.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.