A step-by-step guide on how to migrate your Garena LoL and TFT accounts to Riot
You can now transfer your League of Legends and Teamfight Tactics accounts from Garena to Riot! Here’s how the migration works.
Upon opening your League client for the first time, you’ll be greeted with this screen.
In case you’ve already dismissed this window, a button labeled “Link your Riot Account” can be found in the Client Settings, under the General tab.
Another way is to directly go to https://leaguelink.riotgames.com/en-us/, which both of the steps above open in your browser. Pressing “Start Linking” begins the process.
- Press “Start Linking” on https://leaguelink.riotgames.com/en-us/
- A Garena login page will open. Login the Garena account you wish to link.
- You’ll be redirected back to a Riot Games page. Double-check the League of Legends/TFT account linked to the Garena account via the provided Summoner name, server, and Summoner level. If this isn’t the account you wish to link, a “Choose a Different Garena ID” button can be found under the Sign In button.
- From here, you have to choices:
- If you already have an existing Riot Account, press “Sign In.” This includes Riot accounts that you may have used for other Riot products such as VALORANT, or Legends of Runeterra.
- Otherwise, you need to Create Riot Account.
- Upon successful Riot account creation and/or login, you’ll be shown both the email linked to the Riot account and the Summoner name of the League/TFT profile. Hovering over each of the data migration bullets will provide more context onto what gets carried over. Press “Link Accounts” to finalize this process.
Riot Games is aware that players may be having difficulty linking, particularly those that get an error saying that the Riot Account already has League data linked.
If you don’t want to link your accounts right now or need more clarification, refer to the guide posted.
We have heard your feedback and are here to provide more clarity on the migration process. For additional queries please visit our account migration page or contact our player support.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.