HAU Valiant Archangels shuts down UST Teletigers’ AllG Playoff hopes
The skies do not have a place for tigers—only for angels.
The Holy Angel University’s (HAU) Valiant Archangels ended the University of Santo Tomas’ (UST) Teletigers run in the third season of the Alliance Games during the second day of Group Stage matches last Saturday, April 29.
Despite the absence of their VCT pro player Simon Jimuel “Blas” Blas, Miguel Franco “Grooovy” Manalaslatas took the lead for the Archangels to shut down the Teletigers’ chance to reach the playoffs at Ascent 13-7.
The intense rivalry of the game kicked off right at the start between both teams as they had the same lineup of agents, turning into what everyone considered to be a ‘mirror match’, boiling it all down into a battle of their strategy and skills as the deciding factors to win.
Archangels showed dominance over Teletigers in the opening two rounds, however, Teletigers halted their momentum by also winning two rounds to equalize the game.
But the Archangels quickly recovered in the fifth round. Dos demolished the Teletigers’ very own Arquiza’s attempt to go for Ace, leading to his team’s thrifty win. From there, the Archangels sprinted and reached the double digits first towards the end of the first half at 10-2.
After halftime, the Archangels reached matchpoint after claiming the first two rounds but lost their foothold as the Teletigers started to turn the tide in their favor, winning round after round throughout the second half after gaining momentum from their ‘team ace’ victory in the third round.
Unfortunately, Teletigers’ winning streak ended when Archangels started to secure B-Ascent, eliminating them one by one with Kael getting the final kill on UST’s Ssurk with his vandal, officially gaining HAU Archangels a spot in the semifinal rounds of the Valorant playoffs.
VALORANT Group Stage Matches Results:
Although the Archangels’ match against Teletigers was intense, it was not the only game that got streamed for the second day of Group Stage matches. Here are the other games’ official results:
- Loyola Gaming (Ateneo de Manila University) vs Warrior’s Arena (University of San Carlos)
- LG Atlas crushed the ego of Ego Warriors as they successfully defended their spike in a very close match in Ascent, taking USC’s chance away to reach the playoffs at 13-10.
- Adelante Esports (University of San Jose – Recoletos) vs Teletigers Esports Club (University of Sto. Tomas)
- Adelante Esports mercilessly pounced on Teletigers with Rababz getting the last kill against Ssurk in Split 13-11.
- NUFV Fervent Esports (National University – Fairview) vs Warrior’s Arena (University of San Carlos)
- NUFV Fervent showed their fervor against Ego Warriors, taking full advantage of the Split to work in their favor, 13-6.
- Loyola Gaming (Ateneo de Manila University) vs Cobra Esports (Southwestern University PHINMA)
- LG Atlas successfully defanged Cobra Esports as they clutched the matchpoint with TongZ failed to defuse the spike in Split 13-11.
- Viridis Arcus (De La Salle University) vs Adelante Esports (University of San Jose – Recoletos)
- Viridis Arcus proved their dominance in an intense match against Adelante Esports in Lotus 13-11.
Catch the fierce action in the playoffs for Valorant live at the CONQuest Festival this June 2-4 at the SMX Convention Center in Pasay.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.